Tuesday, May 8, 2012
WICKED!!!!
This is a poster of my favorite musical, Wicked. This musical tells the behind story of the Wizard of Oz. The story tells of how the Wicked Witch of the West, Elphaba, became "wicked."
There are a few reasons why I love the musical "Wicked", and the first reason is that it is very creative. The Wizard of Oz is a classic, so it is very hard to think outside of the box. However, the musical created a whole new setting, and added new characteristics to existing characters. It is very challenging to do so.
The second reason is that I love the songs. My favorite one is "For Good", which is the song that Elphaba and Glenda sing to each other when Elphaba chooses to live as the 'wicked.' The song is so beautifully composed and sung that I tear up almost every time I listen to the song.
Labels:
rants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment